The Automaton is presented by Angel Gendut Productions.
UAV / FPV Platform : DLE-JW02-A2
Development Phase 03 : Efficient propulsion system and Autopilot Test part 02
Wing Span : 1.5 m
Control Surface : 2 Flaps and 2 Ailevators
Tested A.U.W : 2.2 kg
Tested Drive system :
- Brushless motor : Emax BL 2815/09, 920kv
- Speed Controller : Emax 60A ESC
- Electric Nylon Propeller : Revox 9x6E
- Servos : 4 x Emax ES08MD Digital, Metal Gear servo
- Li-Po Batt : Revox Nanotech 4S-5500mAh (30C)
- 50 grams of solid lead (As counter-weight)
Radio Tx/Rx system :
- Tx : Futaba T8FG Super, 2.4 GHz transmitter
- Rx : Futaba R6028SB, 8ch 2.4 GHz receiver
FPV system :
- FPV cam : 1/3 ” Sony CCD camera, 700VTL
- Belly cam: GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition camera
- AV Transmitter : Aomway 5.8GHz, 1000mW, clover-leaf antenna
- AV Receiver : Aomway 5.8GHz, built-in DVR, clover-leaf antenna
- FPV ground monitor : Feelworld 7 Inch
Flight Controller :
- FeiyuTech FY-41AP Autopilot and OSD system
Flight debrief :
- 50 grams of solid lead is attached to the cockpit as a counter weight to achieve the proper C.O.G; resulting in 2.2kg of A.U.W.
- Airbrake mixing is implemented to preset the flaps and ailevators positions for hand-launch take-off and landing.
- The new setup is more efficient for long duration flight; the test flight lasted for 15 minutes with 11 km of flight mileage and consumed 4000 mAh of battery capacity. Max airspeed at 76 km/h and cruise speed of 64 km/h. Take-off max current at 42A and cruise speed current at 15A.
- Test flight altitude at 48m – 122m.
- The ABM (Auto Balance Mode) flight mode operations is still not properly tuned due to the rolling right and losing altitude characteristics. The autopilot modules need further tuning and calibration.
- The data link with GCS (Ground Control Station) interface is yet to be tested.
- Waypoint navigation for fully-autonomous flight is yet to be tested.
Flight photos are available at Joni DLE google +
Varien, Monstercat release
- “Gunmetal Black”
- “The Scarlet Dawn”