The Automaton is presented by Angel Gendut Productions.
UAV / FPV Platform : DLE-JW02-A2
Development Phase 01 : Airframe performance test
Wing Span : 1.5 m
Control Surface : 2 Flaps and 2 Ailevators
Tested A.U.W : 1.9 kg
Tested Drive system :
- Brushless motor : Turnigy G10, 810kv, 375W
- Speed Controller : Turnigy Trust 55A SBEC with internal switch-mode BEC 5.5V/3A
- Electric Nylon Propeller : Revox 12x6E
- Servos : 4 x Emax ES08MD Digital, Metal Gear servo
- Li-Po Batt : Turnigy nano-tech 4S-2200mAh (35C-70C) OR Zippy Compact 4S-2200mAh (35C)
- 409 grams of solid lead (As weight simulation)
Radio Tx/Rx system:
- Tx : Futaba T8FG Super, 2.4 GHz transmitter
- Rx : Futaba R6028SB, 8ch 2.4 GHz receiver
Design review :
- 409 grams of solid lead is attached to the cockpit to simulate the payload of FPV and autopilot gears; resulting in 1.9kg of A.U.W.
- Airbrake mixing is implemented to preset the flaps and ailevators positions for hand-launch take-off and landing.
- The Automaton is easy for hand-launch take-off, easy for maneuvers, has sufficient lift production for carrying large amount of payload, has lots of thrust for both high and low speed flight.
- Flaps are proved to be effective during the emergency landing procedure; it is also used during a low speed/cruise flight.
- Implement average throttle range of 30% – 60% for efficient flight to increase flight duration.
- 3S Li-Po batt is yet to be tested to further improve the flight duration.
- FPV gears are to be mounted in the next development phase; followed by Autopilot modules with data link.
Flight photos are available at Joni DLE google +
Music By: Hans Zimmer “Crysis 2 OST”