Flight test of the Black Diamond with lesser A.U.W and a little tail heavy setup.
UAV / FPV Platform : DLE-XT-47
Tested Drive system :
- Emax BL 2220-07, 1200kv
- Turnigy Plush ESC 40A
- Emax UBEC 3A
- Revox 10x7E Prop
- Emax ES08MD Digital, Metal Gear servo
- Turnigy Nano Tech 3S-2200mAh (35C-45C)
- a roll of tapes is attached to the nose to act as a counter weight to readjust the C.O.G backwards toward tail ( a little tail heavy )
- Futaba T8FG Super, 2.4 GHz transmitter
- Futaba R6028SB, 8ch 2.4 GHz receiver
Design review :
- The Airbrake mixing is applied too much upwards angle for the ailerons and elevons; causing it to pitch up at high angle, then stall.
- The model feels underpowered for quick maneuvers and vertical climb.
- Lesser A.U.W makes 65 – 75% throttle for effective flight.
- It is recommended to implement the previous setup using Turnigy Park 480, 1320kv with 10 x 7E or 9 x 6E Prop.